HPE Developer Community Portal
From August 17-20, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) will welcome technologists from all over the world to virtually connect at their flagship event, KubeCon | CloudNativeCon EU . There, Platinum Sponsor Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), will host the HPE DEV Community Hack Shack virtual experience. HPE will also highlight the new HPE Ezmeral software portfolio (which includes the HPE Ezmeral Container Platform) and showcase its strategic offerings in the areas of containers and Kubernetes.
Meet you in the Hack Shack!
The HPE DEV Community Hack Shack is a virtual experience designed to help developers, designers, and data scientists connect with the HPE DEV team and collaborate with them to build innovative solutions. It provides a place where you can engage with experts to learn about HPE and open source solutions and work with them to guide product development. At physical events, the Hack Shack was known for its unique, informal and fun atmosphere. Our online virtual experience aims to bring this same feeling to this virtual event!
Navigating the Hack Shack
Within the HPE DEV Hack Shack, you’ll find the following tabs where you’ll be able to collaborate, learn, interact with experts, and compete for fun prizes:
- CHALLENGES: Compete with others for prizes in a number of gaming and coding challenges.
- ARCADE: Access our well-known Hack Shack Attack! retro video game to compete for the highest score.
- REPLAYS: Watch some of the in-depth Technical Workshops we’ve offered in the past. Topics include the HPE Ezmeral Container Platform, SPIFFE and SPIRE fundamentals, and the HPE Container Storage Interface for Kubernetes.
- HPE EZMERAL: Get detailed information regarding the HPE Ezmeral software portfolio.
- COMMUNITY: Connect with HPE experts and participate in on-demand training. While there, sign-up for our HPE DEV Newsletter to stay up-to-date on the newest blog posts and tutorials. As an incentive to become a part of the community, those who sign up for the HPE DEV Newsletter between August 17 and August 20, will be entered into a drawing to win a prize.
Looking for more developer info?
- PLATFORMS – Access GitHub resources and software development kits (SDKs)
- BLOG – Read blogs and tutorials
- OPEN SOURCE – Discover platforms, apps and contributions
- EVENTS – Plan on attending upcoming events
- COMMUNITY – Participate and contribute to the community
At the KubeCon | CloudNativeCon EU HPE virtual booth, you’ll get to explore HPE’s different software-enabling and application development technologies, including:
- The HPE Ezmeral Container Platform, the industry’s first Kubernetes container platform software designed to run both cloud-native and non cloud-native applications, enabling true hybrid cloud operations across any location.
- The intelligent data platform from HPE storage, focused on persistent storage use cases for Kubernetes in private, public, and hybrid clouds and how to enable CI/CD pipelines.
- The SPIFFE and SPIRE Projects. With the recent acquisition of Scytale, HPE is the leading contributor for CNCF’s SPIFFE and SPIRE projects. These projects help organizations build a foundation for zero trust through the use of platform agnostic, cryptographic service identity.
Sessions outside the booth at KubeCon | CloudNativeCon EU
KubeCon | CloudNativeCon EU will also offer two sessions highlighting HPE offerings:
- Predictable Performance Through Prometheus and Performance Aware Scheduling, co-sponsored by HPE and Intel and delivered by Chief Technologist, Tom Golway (HPE), and Software Engineer, Killian Muldoon (Intel)
- Taming Data/State Challenges for ML Applications and Kubeflow, presented by HPE Distinguished Technologist, Skyler Thomas
Refer to the program schedule for specific times and locations.
Virtual events can be challenging. Many who attend physical conferences come specifically to engage personally with industry and subject matter experts. That’s why the HPE DEV community has worked hard to deliver its HPE DEV Community Hack Shack virtual experience. We want to ensure you have a place where you can do just that. For questions or help, be sure to connect with us on our HPE DEV Slack Channel.