Come join the HPE Developer Community team at Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s flagship conference, KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2022. Thousands of cloud-native leaders will come together from May 16th through 20th to this conference to learn about emerging trends in container architecture, advancing the exciting world of cloud-native computing. Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) will have a booth onsite (booth number G11) at the Feria Valencia where the show floor will open on Wednesday, May 18th. We will also provide a virtual presence, including the HPE Developer Hack Shack.
In the HPE booth (G11), you’ll get to talk with HPE experts and HPE Developer Community team members who can give you the rundown on key Open Source projects we’re involved in, like SPIFFE/SPIRE, CSI driver, Apache Spark™, etc.
Hear Agustín Martínez Fayó and Marcos Yacob Speak on SPIRE
On Friday, May 20th, contributors and maintainers of the SPIRE project, Agustín Martínez Fayó and Marcos Yacob, will lead a session where you’ll be introduced to the SPIRE project and dive deep into its new Microsoft Windows support. SPIRE, the SPIFFE Runtime Environment, is an extensible system that implements the principles embodied in the SPIFFE (Secure Production Identity Framework for Everyone) standards. It manages platform and workload attestation, provides an API for controlling attestation policies, and coordinates certificate issuance and rotation.
The session will provide a high-level overview of the basic concepts behind SPIRE and explain why you should consider using it if you find issuing workload identities at scale challenging. This talk will also offer a deep dive into the Windows support that is being introduced in SPIRE, providing detailed information about the implementation, explaining the differences between running SPIRE on Windows and Linux platforms, and comparing the experience from both a user and developer perspective. Don’t miss this session, which runs from 14:55 to 15:30. Make sure you catch it before you head out.
There will be many other opportunities to learn about HPE’s software development work and open source efforts at the HPE booth. Our magician will dazzle you with his magic and quiz you on how much you know about HPE’s involvement in open source. If you’ve paid attention, you may even win a prize! And don’t miss the raffle: Three lucky winners will get a chance to walk away with one Raspberry Pi 4 starter kit each day.
In-booth presentations will be given by many of the HPE Developer Community experts every couple of hours.
Each day, you’ll have opportunities to learn about the following topics:
- What? Not yet an HPE DEV Member? There's Treasure to be Found!
- Open Source @ HPE – a 25+ Years Love Story
- Overview of HPE Storage for Kubernetes
- Introduction to HPE Point Next
- Introduction to SPIFFE & SPIRE
You Can Still Attend Virtually
As we’ve done the last few years, we’ll be offering live office hours where you can connect with HPE subject matter experts and collaborate, learning more about Open Source and HPE technologies. The featured topics will mirror those in the booth.
As part of its virtual presence, HPE will once again feature the HPE Developer Hack Shack, a place to learn and have fun. It’s a unique place designed to give virtual events a more personal touch and extend the experience beyond the event. Here’s what the HPE Developer Community will provide to you through the Hack Shack and web portal:
- WORKSHOPS-ON-DEMAND: Access over two dozen free, on-demand hands-on training courses. Using a Jupyter Notebook environment, they provide you with hands-on experience across the latest HPE and Open Source technologies. Check out our newest workshops, including:
- Docker 101 - Introduction to Docker Concepts
- Spark 101 - Introduction to Apache Spark Concepts
- Creating a Zero Trust Model for Microservices Architectures with SPIRE and Envoy
- Kubernetes 101 - Introduction to the Kubernetes Concepts
- Building a dynamic Machine Learning pipeline with KubeDirector
- Using Kubernetes CSI with HPE Ezmeral Container Platform
- TREASURE HUNT: Our scavenger-hunt style challenge encourages you to check out all the resources that are available on the HPE Developer website and the Hack Shack. Be one of the first 15 people to answer all the questions correctly and win an HPE Developer branded swag!
- REPLAYS: You can find replays of many of the technical workshops we’ve offered live in the past in the Hack Shack as well. View them to learn more about the HPE Ezmeral Container Platform (now known as HPE Ezmeral Runtime Enterprise), SPIFFE and SPIRE authentication, and the HPE Container Storage Interface for Kubernetes.
- ARCADE: In our arcade, you’ll find Hack Shack Attack! Give this popular retro-style video game a try and compete with your friends for the highest score. There’s also a place where you can download stickers, Zoom backgrounds, and cool artwork to use on your social channels.
- COMMUNITY: We invite you to join and contribute your expertise on our blog or deliver an on-demand workshop. Connect with others in the community via the HPE Ezmeral Software Forum or our Slack and Twitter channels to start conversations and get answers to questions. Sign-up for our HPE Developer Newsletter to stay up-to-date on the newest blog posts and tutorials.
As always, HPE is excited to have an opportunity to connect with other technologists at an event such as this. Register now and meet us in Valencia to learn how HPE envisions Open Source running across edge to cloud, working to improve management and analytics, cloud-native security, and data insights. It’s been a long time since we’ve had the opportunity to see each other in person!